I received an INVALID FIELD error during sync regarding ‘IsAllDayEvent’
The error message you are receiving is due to the fact that there is no â€˜All Day Eventâ€™ checkbox in your Salesforce Create New Event screen. Please check with your Salesforce Administrator to verify that you have the ‘AllDayEvent’ checkbox on the Create New Event screen layout.
To add the All day event field to the Event page layout, follow these steps:
- Login to Salesforce.com with a username field with Administrative Privileges.
- Click on Setup (under your Name)
- Click on Customize | Activities | Event Page Layouts
- Click Edit next to the Event Layout
- On the fields pane at the top, find the All day event field and drag and drop it onto the page layout.
- Click Save.
Once this is completed, you can try a Test Connection using the following steps:
- Close your email
- Right-click the LinkPoint icon in the system tray (near your desktop clock) and choose Configure.
- Select Salesforce from the list on the left side of the window.
- Click Test Connection. A Connection Succeeded message will appear.
Now you can try a manual sync to see how the summary screen will look.
- Right-click the Linkpoint icon.
- Select Open Sync in Manual Mode.
- Right click Calendar and select Rebuild History.
- Start the sync process.
Download: Access the complete LinkPoint Connect: Outlook + Salesforce User Guide in .pdf format. Get the User Guide
Still need help? Contact our Support Team.